Dr. Rahul R Gupta
MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Cardiology)
Dr Rahul R Gupta, MBBS, MD, DM (Cardiology) is a Consultant, Cardiologist at Apollo Hospitals, Navi Mumbai. He holds more than 15 years of experience in the field of Cardiac Sciences and has been credited of performing various procedures for the first time.
His area of special interest includes handling complex cardiac cases with the most advanced technology in the field of cardiology. He has been associated with many leading hospitals in Mumbai. Dr Rahul Gupta is proficient in handling procedures like, angioplasty during Heart attack (PAMI), complex angioplasties, use of methodologies like IVUS, FFR, OCT & Rotablator , Pacemaker implantation, AICD implantation to prevent sudden deaths, cardiac resynchronization therapy for improving heart function, structural heart disease interventions like opening of the stenotic valve with balloons, closing holes in heart with devices (non surgical methods), peripheral vascular disease treatment (blocks in arteries of legs), etc.
Dr. Gupta’s passion to bring the most advanced technology in the field of cardiac sciences has helped him achieve various milestones in his career. He has many firsts in Navi Mumbai to his credit, namely :
- First to perform leadless pacemaker implantation
- First to perform bio-absorbable stent implantation
- First to perform MRI compatible biventricular pacemaker implantation
- First to start using ESMR, which is a non-invasive, painless and zero side-effect way of treating severe
Dr Rahul Gupta holds various Awards and Accolades in his 15 years of experience, namely:
- Health care excellence award for the best cardiologist in his region
- Shankar Dayal Sharma Gold Medal
- First in DM Cardiology
- Best Resident doctor (Fellow) Award
- Young Scholar Award (The search for best brains in cardiology) during his training period
- First In MD (Medicine)
He also has many Publications & Research listed under his name.
Dr Rahul Gupta holds various Certifications & Professional Memberships, like:
- Fellow of European society of Cardiology
- International associate of American college of cardiology
- Member European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation (EACPR)
- Member European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI)
- Member Heart Failure Association of the ESC (HFA)
- Associate fellow The Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions (SCAI), USA
Dr Rahul Gupta has the flair to cascade the knowledge and expertise he has and thus is actively involved inworkshops & seminars at national and international level with the mantra of ‘Healthy Heart for all’.