NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT (NICU)
Newborn babies who need intensive medical attention are often admitted into a special area of the hospital called the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Unexpected conditions & risk factors can affect the pregnancy course and alter what is needed at delivery. Giving birth to a baby with health complications often is totally unexpected. Parents want the best for their baby, both before and after birth.
At Apollo Hospitals, Navi Mumbai, our goal is to provide the very best for every baby.
The Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at Apollo Hospitals, is one of the best in Navi Mumbai in terms of design, medical infrastructure, equipment and quality of care.
The internationally trained Newborn specialists and the NICU support staff are dedicated to provide the advanced care to newborns born with critical illness.
- 16 bedded NICU, one of the largest centres in Navi Mumbai.
- Separate cubicles for inborn, out born and septic babies.
- Comprehensive care for babies in all of the highest risk categories: those who are extremely premature, have one or more major structural abnormalities, serous inherited disorders or lifethreatening birth asphyxia (lack of oxygen around the time of birth), severe jaundice, infection etc.
- NICU Incubators
- Open care radiant warmers
- Transport incubator
- Phototherapy units: Single double & Triple Surface
- Pulse oximetry (Massimo Technology)
- Multipara monitors
- Conventional ventilation High-frequency ventilation (HFOV)
- Nitric Oxide Delivery System (NO)
- Laminar flow system
- Portable 2D ECHO
- Portable X-ray machine
- Portable Ultrasound
NICU TEAM MEMBERS
- Newborn Baby specialist – we have internationally trained doctors in Newborn care to give best possible outcome for sick babies in NICU.
- Paediatric Doctors – We have round the clock availability of MD/ DNB/DCH paediatricians who are trained to manage all emergency situations. They will care for your baby under the direction of the attending senior doctors
- Trained NICU Nursing Staff – A registered nurse who specializes in the care of newborns will be assigned to care for your baby. We always try to maintain the nurse baby ratio as per international standards
- Breastfeeding support – Most babies in the NICU are not ready to drink milk by mouth right from birth. Our lactation specialists & NICU nurses help new mothers on pumping their breast milk and storing it for feeding by tube until their baby is ready to breastfeed Once a baby in able to transition to the breast they also assist mothers and babies with positioning and latching onto the breast.
SALIENT FEATURES OF NICU
- Personalized care
- State-of-the-art infrastructure and technology
- Advanced intensive care for critically ill and premature newborns.
- Multi-disciplinary team of specialists – Infectious Disease specialist, Cardiology, Endocrinology,
- Genetics, Haematology. Pulmonology, Neurology, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Audiology.
- State-of-the-art neonatal transport services.
Antenatal counselling for Parents
We counsel family members regarding expected difficulties baby may face at and after birth, in whom certain problems are anticipated
Integrated Clinical/Family approach
The clinicians and the support staff assists the family in all the treatment processes. Mothers are welcome to visit NICU any time as we consider you to be the primary care-givers. Fathers are also allowed during specified timeframe.
Developmentally supportive care
Infant survival is our aim and to support that we practice developmentally supportive strategies like Kangaroo mother care, nesting of newborns etc.
Parent Training Programme
All parents who have babies admitted in the NICU will be advised on how to look after the babies at home before the baby gets discharged
Apollo Institute of Child Health, provides the best paediatric care with complete state-of-the-art Neonatology care units, Paediatric Intensive care facilities, Operating rooms with advanced technology, including facility for complex cardiac surgeries, procedure rooms, laboratory services, clinics to treat developmental disorders and counselling services.
The hospital has multi-disciplinary team of medical experts who are skilled and provide the best healthcare for children. Our objectives are to make a world of difference in the health care and well-being of children, adolescents and their families by integrating medical care, provide the highest quality care, service to the community and paediatric super specialities under one roof for all children.
- Paediatric Allergy & Pulmonology
- Paediatric Cardiology
- Paediatric Endocrinology
- Paediatric Epilepsy & Neurology
- Paediatric Gastroenterology
- Paediatric Intensive Care
- Paediatric Nephrology
- Paediatric Neurology
- Paediatric Ophthalmology
- Paediatric Rheumatology
- Paediatric Surgery
- Paediatric Urology
- Call – +254 748 830976 / +254 789 150890
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Free consultation, Apollo Information Centre